As I was browsing foodgawker a few weeks ago, I came across this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Bites on Sweet Pea’s Kitchen I was instantly in love. Healthy-ish boneless chicken wings? Is there such a thing? Yes, there is. These are super easy to make. It was a little bit messy because I used my hands to form the bites. But the outcome is absolute deliciousness. These bites are great alternatives to a deep-fried night at Buffalo Wild Wings. To complete the meal, I served them baked homemade fries and two side dips; marinara dipping sauce and spicy light ranch.
- 3 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Hot Sauce (to taste)
- 3 1/2 ounces Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onions
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish, place eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, Place cornflakes.
- Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.