The best part about living in the DC area is that we get to experience all four seasons. Arguments can be made that not all four seasons are enjoyable. But we get all four nonetheless. Every season, as you know has its food staples, as I like to call them. In the fall it’s everything pumpkin and apple. The summer, I become obsessed with watermelons, ice cream and red white and blue. Springtime is about pastels, brunch, cookies and cakes. Winter is all about stews, soups, candy canes and hot chocolate. Additions can be made to said seasonal staples. It’s all about apples and pumpkins now and one of my number one cravings during closer to Halloween is Caramel Apples.
- 1 package individually wrapped caramels
- 4 Granny Smith Apples
- 4 craft sticks
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramel 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Remove the stems off the apples, and insert a craft stick in each.
- Carefully dip the apples in the caramel to coat.
- Nutrition Information: Cals 480. Carbs 102g. Fat 9g. Sugar 85g.