We’ve all heard about the health benefits of salmon, namely that it has tons of omega-3 fatty acid. Did you know that it’s also packed full of vitamins D and B12? Well, you just learned something new. I love salmon but I haven’t gotten very creative with it. Aside from baking it, I did try making cedar-plank salmon on several occasions. Smoked salmon is amazing on eggs benedict and surprisingly good as a dip with Chobani Greek Yogurt, olive oil and fresh dill.
It’s not quite summer, or spring for that matter but who says you can’t grill year-round. I’m having nostalgic moments for the summertime and I’m counting down the months until it gets here. Beaches, warm weather, ice cold Diet Cokes, frozen yogurt, sandals and dresses. I need to consider moving somewhere with warmer weather year-round. Since I’m missing summer so badly, I thought I’d change things up with zesty salmon kabobs. It was a short-lived escape when I realized how cold it was out and cozied it up with some creamy mushroom orzo (recipe to be posted soon).
- 1 lb Salmon filet
- 4 lemons, sliced into think rounds
- 12 Kabob Skewers
- 4 teaspoons Dill
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- Cube the salmon and using two kabob sticks, begin layering the salmon and lemon slices [ I found it's easiest to just cut each lemon slice in half]
- Sprinkle with dill and lemon pepper
- Place on the grill and rotate once until cooked through
- Nutrition Information: Cals 147. Carbs 6g. Fat 6g. Protein 19g. Sodium 658mg.
For more easy recipes by Miss Measurement, sign up for email updates