Summer is almost over. I spend all winter waiting for summer and it just flies by in the blink of an eye. This year, I didn’t even get a chance at proper beach time. The one weekend I dedicated to working on my tan and being lazy on a beach chair was ruined by summer rain. So bad, that we left early making it a less than enjoyable weekend, to say the least. I have other things to say about that particular weekend, but I’ll keep that to myself.
So with summer slipping away, I want to take advantage of the week or so I have left before Labor Day weekend [the weekend that officially marks the end of summer, with pools closing despite the temperatures probably hitting the 90s]. I’m determined to make it back out to the beach — and it’s going to be a great time. I’m also going to grill up as much as I can, and eat as many fresh summer fruits and salads that I can get my hands on.
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 large Green pepper, chopped
- 2 Yellow Potatoes
- 2 Salmon Filets
- 1/4 cup Croutons
- 1/2 small Red onion, sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Goat Cheese
- Lemon Pepper, to taste [ or mix fresh lemon juice with fresh cracked pepper and salt]
- For the dressing: Light Ranch dressing + Boar's Head Chipotle Spread
- Begin by grilling the salmon. Heat your favorite indoor grill [ I have a cruisinart]
- Rub the salmon filets with lemon pepper and place on the grill, cook for about 15 minutes until flaky
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Remove and cut into cubes, set aside
- Make the dressing by mixing together 2:1 light ranch to chipotle spread
- In a large bowl mix together the spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, green pepper and croutons
- Add in the dressing and toss until coated
- Spoon the salad into individual dishes
- Top with sliced avocado, goat cheese and salmon
For more easy recipes by Miss Measurement, sign up for email updates.