A little less than a month ago – it was October – I had this really great plan to have the girls over for a fire pit night. The weather was great for a random October night, and we have a fire pit at home. The boys (and by boys I’m referring to my brothers) usually take full advantage, inviting their friends over to sit around and hang out. I was really excited about the whole thing, I bought the wood and even picked up s’mores ingredients so we could roast marshmallows and sip mint tea. Unfortunately, the plans unraveled and we ended up at a coffee shop somewhere.
The s’mores ingredients – graham crackers, Hershey’s Chocolate, and marshmallows – didn’t go anywhere. I tucked them into the back of my pantry hoping we’d get another chance to get them out soon. Then, Saturday morning rolled around and I woke up with my usually Saturday morning cooking energy. I’m not really sure why or how I came up with the idea to make bark with all the s’mores ingredients I had hidden away.
- 2 cups mixed dark chocolate and Hershey’s chocolate
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time, stirring between heating. You really only need about a minute, so be careful not to burn the chocolate
- Stir the chocolate until smooth
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the chocolate in an even layer on the foil
- Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers all over
- And then drop the marshmallows on the chocolate
- Broil for 3 minutes, or less. Watch carefully to make sure the marshmallows brown lightly
- Allow the chocolate to cool, then refrigerate for t least an hour before serving