I’ve wanted to make BBQ something for a while now. At first, I thought I’d take a stab at BBQ Beef Ribs and invite the girls over. That didn’t happen – mostly because weekday work schedules are largely unpredictable and when the weekend rolls around, I’d much rather have someone else prepare food for me (RE: eat out).
A friend graciously invited our friend group over for a Super Bowl party, giving me the perfect excuse to try out BBQ Beef in the crockpot. I mean, sure, it’s the middle of winter, but BBQ and Super Bowl pretty much go hand-in-hand, kind of like Super Bowl and wings. I will admit, I’m not a huge sports fan. However, any excuse for a social gathering that involves food and shisha, you can count me in.
The following meme basically sums up my feelings about the Super Bowl. I know I’m not the only one!
- 2-3 lbs Chuck Roast Beef
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Worchester Sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder (or more, depending on your taste)
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Stick everything in the crockpot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (the longer the better), or high for 4-6 hours
- Carefully take the beef out and place on a cutting board
- Shred the beef with two forks and return to the crockpot so it soaks up the sauce
- Serve with your favorite bread