We’ve all noticed the latest feature Instagram rolled out with. In case you missed it, I’m talking about Stories. Stories make the Instagram experience more personable — for better or for worse. You can follow your favorite bloggers (or friends) and hear their voices, follow them around the world and experience a day in the life of … whoever.
Many have expressed their love/hate/frustration with the new feature, stating that Instagram basically stole Snapchat’s thunder. I would have been okay with Snapchat, but for the blog it was missing one key feature that really deterred me from using it for the blog, or at least not as often as I would have liked to. And that is, the ability to seamlessly switch between accounts without having to log in and out.
I like to keep my personal life separate from my blog life. That’s not to say I don’t share some of my personal experiences on the blog anyway. But there are things I share on my personal snap chat account that wouldn’t necessarily be interesting to my blog followers. That being said, there are also some things that are better shared on the blog account, and not so much on my personal account. For that, I am happy Instagram incorporated this feature. Although, there definitely need to be some updates/changes. For starters:
- I need a way to filter out who I want to follow and who I don’t. It’s super overwhelming to go through all the stories without knowing who’s next. I’d still like to see their photos, just not necessarily their stories.
- There has got to be a better way to see your views. I don’t always want my oldest story to show up.
- The Type A in me has to clear notifications…which means I have hundreds of stories to tap through. I’m talking a good 1-2 hour chunk of my day watching and clearing stories.
In conclusion — oh man, this is starting to sound like a term paper — I’m sticking with Instagram stories for MCO. I can’t completely break up with Snapchat. So, friends, you can still follow my random stories on there!
See you on Instagram …
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, beat butter, condensed milk, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder
- Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients
- Beat until smooth
- Pour into a loaf pan
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour, 15 mins