It’s starting to get super chilly! I’m not complaining, I love sweater weather. I have made it my life’s mission to find a way to wear sweatshirts to work every day in the winter and pass it off for professional attire. I’m not talking a hoodie. I’m talking a pullover with embroidery, or some sort of embellishment, or just a plain black or grey — my absolute favorite winter color — sweatshirt. So it’s not an impossible feat. I’m dedicated.
There’s nothing better than a steaming mug of hot chocolate on a chilly winter day, add snow or rain for an even cozier feel, and make it a weekend-day. Because workdays are not cozy. Oh right, and let’s upgrade that hot chocolate to Nutella Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. Now that sounds like perfection. Now that I’ve set the scene, you’re probably going to need that Nutella Hazelnut Hot Chocolate recipe, and the perfect chilly weekend-day to make it your reality. I have you covered on the recipe front. The perfect weekend-day, on the other hand, you’re going to have to find that for yourself. I’d say, any day is perfect to be lazy. I mean, you’ve worked all week long and you totally deserve this! Especially since all the holiday festivities have kicked in and you’re low on sleep, money, and patience.
So sit back, relax and sip your holiday anxiety away …
- 1/4 cup Chopped Hazelnuts, divided
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- Marshmallows or whipped cream for topping
- In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat
- Once milk begins to steam, stir in cocoa powder and Nutella and whisk until smooth
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes before serving
- Prepare two mugs by putting half the chopped hazelnuts in the bottom of each cup
- Pour in the hot chocolate and top with marshmallows or whipped cream